Yippee ki-yay

Howdy folks ,we are here in Cody, Wyoming, named after Buffalo Bill Cody, of course.

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 2.26.46 PM.png

I took the afternoon to try to recuperate from a nasty virus that hit me a few days ago while Carl ventured out to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. After a nap I was able to get on line long enough to do a bit of research on what I was missing. ūüė¶

Sounds to my like Buffalo Bill was a quite the dude.

He started working at age 11. He became a rider for the pony express, fought for the Union in the Civil War and later was a civilian scout for the Army.

Looks like the ole show biz bug bit him in the 1980’s and he went on to found Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show that he toured across the country and later Europe.

Oh yea, and that nickname Buffalo Bill??? Well Cody is purported to have killed 4,282  buffalo in eighteen months when serving as supplier Kansas Pacific Railroad.

Tomorrow our reservations start in Yellowstone. We are only about 80 miles away so hopefully the move there will be effortless.

The only reservations we have are for Yellowstone (3 nights) and Glacier (3 night). The other places we have stayed have not been reserved in advance. Yesterday, as we were getting closer to Cody I decided to call a park or two to see if there were any openings. Cody is a popular place to stay so I was just trying to ensure a spot. At first the line was busy. This went on for maybe 10 minutes and then……bingo it rang and was answered. I asked about availability, she asked the appropriate questions such as length of trailer etc and then said to hang on and she would take down the registration information. Well, that is when things got interesting……she must have forgotten that someone was on the line and went on to register a number of campers, answer some area info questions, chit chat with coworkers, all the while I am on the other end of the line…..listening. I decided was not ¬†going to hang up, 5 minutes passed, 10, 20, 30……finally I walked into the camp office with the phone to my ear and asked if someone could help me. One of the women said, she was waiting for me to get off the phone then¬†I had the pleasure of telling her about her last 38 minutes! ¬†Fortunately there were still spaces available and all was good.




One thought on “Yippee ki-yay

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s